- Pier Location – Container Port: Port Autonome
- Tourist information – Provide free city maps and information, helps you for the bookings and recommend trustable activities across the country
- Currency – 210 XPF Franc in the bus (French Pacific Franc)
- Transportation – A free shuttle service will carry guests to the regular terminal right into down town. Noumea city buses quite frequent, ticket office is at the coconut square routes are colour coded
- Green: Kuendu-city centre-lemon bay- Anse-Vata Bay. N°10 and 11
- Blue: Tjibaou Cultural Centre - Magenta-city centre. N°40
- Yellow: Suburb Bleach - city centre – Station of Mount ravel. N°60
- Purple: Magenta - Valley of the settlers - city centre. N°20
Top 5 Main Attractions
- Jean Marie Tjibaou Cultural Centre – located on the bays of Tina. The work of architect Renzo Piano. Admission price of approximately 1000 XPF
- St Joseph’s Cathedral – built in the 19th century by convict labor, Located downtown area, central square of coconut square
- Lagoons aquarium – Open Tuesday to Sunday 10 am – 5 pm. Located 4km from pier. Lagoons aquarium, B.P. 8185 Noumea. Admission approximately. (1500 XPF)
- City of Noumea Museum – in the old town all opposite coconut square, this museum houses a miniature model of Noumea during World War II. Adults (500 XPF), 8-17 years (200 XPF)
- Michel Corbasson Zoological and Forest Park – also known as the Park Forestier. 600 XPF for adults and 200 XPF for children 8-17
Top 5 Beaches
- Kuendu-beach – there is plenty of shade in the grassed area near the beach. At kuendu Beach there is a water park, it costs approx. 1000 XPF per person.
- Anse-Vata Beach – approximately 4 km from cruise terminal. Anse Vata during the afternoons is very popular with kite and Windsurfers
- Lemon Bay – Approximately 4 km from cruise terminal. Sheltered from the breeze with shade trees, with eateries and places to get a drink. All with French style
- Chateau Royal Beach – Approximately 5 km from cruise terminal.
-Snorkelling it is highly suggested to snorkel while in Noumea. The water off Duck Island and into Lemon bay has coral literally meters from the shore line, making it very easy to see the coral and fish that inhabit there.
Share your experience in New Cal on social networks!
Welcome to New Caledonia! During your stay, we invite you to share your best images and videos of our beautiful island by identify New Caledonia on your social networks.
This will make it easier for us to share and repost your photos and videos.
New Caledonia @newcaledoniatourism