New Caledonia Cycling Experience
Escape the winter chill and head to the Western Pacific and New Caledonia for a superb tropical cycling holiday! Experience the many different faces of New Caledonia as you comfortably pedal along the palm-fringed east coast and its many Melanesian tribu, pushed along by the typical SE trade winds.
Fully supported tour with an experienced, French-speaking cycling guide
Experience a diverse range of food, culture and spectacular tropical coastal scenery
Includes all accommodation, breakfast, and evening meals
Opportunities for snorkelling and swimming over coral reefs
Your Tour operator :
Why not enjoy a new cycle touring destination!
The tour has been developed over a number of years by experienced Sydney-based cycling guide and author Bruce Ashley, in in close conjunction with one of New Caledonia's most experienced adventure tour companies Nautilus Tours.
Features of this year's 10-day fully supported tour:
• spectacular and remote waterfalls, mountain ranges and coastal scenery
• ride quiet sealed rural roads and mountain trails with low levels of traffic, and all suitable for road touring or cross/bike. The total riding distance is about 270km at an average about 50 kilometres per day mostly on sealed roads
• van and bike trailer support vehicle so your heavy baggage is taken for you and you can jump in the "sag wagon" at any time that you are too tired to continue
• sampling a diverse range of food and culture -Melanesian tribus and communities and the real deal French imports at supermarket prices
• accommodation at a mix of high quality gites (lodges) and at least three-star hotels
• opportunities for snorkelling over coral reefs, surfing, and kayaking at a range of coastal locations
Cost for the 10 day tour is AUD$2,900 (~€2106/NZ$3,094)* per person with a booking deposit of AUD$650 required to secure a place and made at the same time as completing a booking form. There is keen interest for the tour this year following a very successful 2016 tour - there is only a small group so make sure you book to secure a place!
The ride price includes all breakfasts, evening meals and accommodation expenses; basic lunches on Days 5, 7, and 8; ride information (hard copy and digitial/GPS); an experienced ride guide; all transits and bike box storage; van & trailer luggage carrying and support. The ride price does not include air fares, which need to be booked and paid for by each rider.
New Caledonia is just waiting for you
Welcome to the most luxurious hotel in Noumea! Le Meridien Noumea captures the cosmopolitan, energetic spirit of New Caledonia ’s capital with an unmatched lagoon front location, just ten minutes from the bustle of the city centre and many attractions.
Bénéficiez d'une remise exceptionnelle sur votre séjour à l'hôtel Beaurivage.
Flight Sydney-Noumea return